Chattisgarh CM meets Union Steel Minister on iron ore issue
Raman Singh, Chief Minister of Chattisgarh state has apprised Mr beni Prasad Varma, Union Minister of Steel regarding the shortage of Iron Ore faced by steel industry in the state.
Union Minister has instructed officials to find ways to increase the production of NMDC mines in Chhattisgarh and increase supply of iron ore to Chhattisgarh based units.
According to Dr. Raman Singh, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh , the supply of Iron ore to the steel industry in the State has been severely affected due to stoppage of ore supply from Orissa.
Currently about 2.5 – 2.7 million tons of Iron Ore is supplied by NMDC to Steel industries based in Chhattisgarh. The Chief Minister has requested the steel minister to increase the iron ore supply to 5 million tons per annum.
The Steel Secretary, P.K. Misra indicated that NMDC’s Kirandul 11-B deposit in Chhattisgarh is likely to start production from March 2012, after which the supply position would improve.
In case requisite mines are allotted to them, then the iron ore presently being supplied by NMDC to RINL can be made available to Chhattisgarh based steel units.
- Anglo logs upbeat results, but Minas Rio, Amplats still a thorn in Cutifani's side - April 23rd, 2013
- BHP keeps production guidance despite falling prices and bad weather - April 20th, 2013
- South Africa's Exxaro to mine iron ore in the Congo - April 20th, 2013
- High Australian mining wages attract dubious workers - April 20th, 2013
- Inflation to play small part in 'Great Recession' narrative: IMF - April 20th, 2013
- Alcoa, China spark massive rally in miners and metals - April 20th, 2013
- $45bn and counting: China's foreign mining misadventures - April 20th, 2013
- It's been a good run: commodities traders out-earned the big banks 2003-2013 - April 20th, 2013